Is eating healthier and getting more exercise on your list? The good news is, gardening can help you achieve both of those goals. Here are some ideas and inspiration to get you started on your best gardening year yet.
Plant some award winners. Try the 2019 National Plants of the Year from Proven Winners.
- Plant soothing-scented lavender.
- Research native plants for your area and add them to your landscape.
LEARN SOMETHING NEW
- Check out what’s trending in garden design and incorporate at least one new idea in your yard or garden.
- Start a garden journal and keep track of what works — and what doesn’t.
- Expand your garden library and treat yourself to a new gardening book.
MAKE MAINTENANCE EASY
- Set up your container plants on a drip system or DIY Systems
- Take better care of your garden tools by learning how to clean and store them properly.
- Sign up for weekly lawn cutting with TurfNDirt.ca
- Have soil & mulch delivered & applied for success throughout the year. TurfNDirt.ca
- Take care of grubs before they take over your lawn. Hire Weed Away for regular fertilization and grub control program.
- Add compost to your garden It’s great for your plants and the environment.TurfnDirt.ca
- Don’t let weeds get the upper hand this year. The Garden Girls regular maintenance program.
• Volunteer at a local community garden. Don’t have one? Start one!
• Visit a local botanic garden or arboretum and become a member. Royal Botanical Gardens
• Help support the work of Oakville Green by becoming a member and attending Open Days events.